Introduction to sodium silicate
Sodium silicate, known as sodium silicate, is a colorless and transparent inorganic substance with Na2OÂ·nSiO2. It is a soluble inorganic silicate that is widely found in nature. Sodium silicate has unique physical and chemical properties, such as high adhesion, high-temperature resistance, and good electrical insulation, so it is widely used in industrial production and daily life.
Application fields of sodium silicate
- Construction industry: The application of sodium silicate in the construction industry is mainly in preparing concrete. Sodium silicate can enhance the strength, durability and corrosion resistance of concrete and increase the service life of buildings. In addition, sodium silicate can also be used to produce waterproof materials and wall coatings.
- Glass industry: Sodium silicate is widely used in the glass industry. It can not only be used as one of the raw materials of glass but also act as a flux in the production process, reducing the production cost of glass.
- Ceramic industry: Sodium silicate is used in the ceramic sector to produce glazes and body reinforcements. It can make the ceramic surface smooth and improve the ceramic’s heat and corrosion resistance.
- Pulp and paper industry: Sodium silicate is used in the pulp and paper industry to produce paper reinforcements, waterproofing, and coating agents. It can make the paper smoother and waterproof, improving the quality and grade of the article.
- Water treatment industry: Sodium silicate has a good water treatment effect, which can remove impurities and odors in water and improve water quality.
Interactions of sodium silicate with other compounds
- Portland cement: Sodium silicate reacts with Portland cement to generate calcium silicate and water. Calcium silicate is a highly stable substance used to make refractory materials and ceramic products.
- Sodium fluoride: Sodium silicate reacts with sodium fluoride to form sodium fluorosilicate and water. Sodium fluorosilicate is an efficient preservative that can be used for metal surface treatment and wood preservation.
- Sodium sulfate: Sodium silicate reacts with sodium sulfate to generate magnesium silicate and water. Magnesium silicate is a material with high heat and corrosion resistance and can be used for anti-corrosion protection in high-temperature and corrosive environments.
Sodium silicate has many uses and significant application value as an inorganic silicate. It has many applications in construction, glass, ceramics, pulp and paper, water treatment, and other fields. At the same time, the interaction between sodium silicate and other compounds also provides us with more possibilities, providing more choices for industrial production and daily life. With the development of science and technology and the expansion of application fields, the application prospects of sodium silicate will be broader.
Suppliers of sodium silicate
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including boride powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, sulfide powder, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-qualityÂ sodium silicateÂ , please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry.